Sunday, April 7, 2019

Week Twelve Assignment

Ana Rivera
April 7, 2019
Week Twelve Assignment

      I.         Rating documentation.

1.     F, tells about the source’s content BUT uses another meaning that the author intended.
2.     D, page number included, no use of quotations. Doesn’t separate ideas to let know the reader if they’re coming from himself or from the author.
3.     C, no complete citation for the second source used.
4.     B, no source provided, uses source’s ideas BUT doesn’t uses citation.
5.     G, argument don’t make connection to the source’s ideas.

   II.         Reflection on “self-plagiarism”

·       As you read this article, what impressions did you have of the issue?
I was shocked when I saw the bar graph. At first, I was wondering why they had those results then I realized the months that these articles were viewed and why was that. Of course, the end of the semester where students find themselves in a period of tiredness and sense of relieve just because they feel they are done with the school year.

·       What has your experience been while writing papers in college? That might include how you have "recycled" work or what you have heard from instructors on this issue.
While in college, I have learned much more than what I can say. Everybody has risks on making mistakes by accident on not knowing how to properly cite and unintentionally plagiarize, this hasn’t been my case, but I know it can happen that’s why I always seek for help when in doubt. “Recycled” work is also plagiarism, even if its from my own work but still makes it inappropriate to use one of your course’s work to use it for another one.


·      Why do you think this issue is more “muddy” and controversial than plagiarism from external sources?
It makes it more "muddy" because students do not feel as bad as stealing ideas of their own than from outside sources and not giving them 

No comments:

Post a Comment